5 fav’s friday: clinging to summer
When I started writing this it was a balmy 31˚C so I was ready to rock summer a little longer. Then it got stuck in draft mode. I’m still gonna throw it out there despite the fact that it is already down 15˚C, I am wearing a turtleneck and went to get a tea to help drive off the damp chill I can’t seem to shake.
There’s something about the sweet summer days after Labour Day that make you want to hold onto that summer feeling just a little bit longer. Here are some of my favourites to help make best use of the final fleeting summer sun.
- Sip a little more summer with a Hendricks Gin and tonic with cucumber.
- Show a little skin a little longer in these amazing C’est Moi tanks. I get mine at Girl Friday.
- These Dish Jogger jeans make a little rolled up cuff and flats a no-brainer. Another Girl Friday score.
- I can’t eat regular ice cream but I do love a frozen pop. These Zoku Space Pops featuring rockets and astronauts look *out of this world* (yes, I know, terrible pun). My Zoku pop maker (which didn’t have fun shapes) just met an unfortunate end, so I’m in the market for a new one.
- Lastly, while I can’t eat regular ice cream, I can make my own. I use a Cuisinart ice cream maker and as many organic ingredients as I can (haven’t found organic lactose free milk and cream in Canada yet) to churn and freeze my own mint chocolate chip ice cream adapted from The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz. It looks like Cusinart now has a newer, fancier model but I have the white one which works just fine. Hopefully will get one more batch in before the warm days are gone for good.