You say Rocket, I say Arugula
I’ve been eating a lot of Arugula lately. For some reason the peppery goodness has moved to the top of the list of (healthy) things I like to eat. I qualify healthy because in a fight to the death in my kitchen, a cupcake will always triumph.
Anyhoo, one fabtab way I’ve been cashing in on my Arugula craving is with this pasta dish.
It’s fast to make, super delish, and has goat cheese – bonus!
You’ll find the recipe from Chatelaine Magazine here, or follow along below.
Spicy spaghettini with goat cheese, tomato and artichoke
- 1/2 375 g pkg high fibre spaghettini
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp hot-red-chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 398 mL can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 2 cup packed arugula
- 4 1/2 inch slices goat cheese
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water, following package directions, but omitting salt, until al dente. Drain and return pasta to pot.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium. Add oil, then garlic, chili flakes, salt, whole tomatoes and artichokes. Cook, shaking pan often, until tomatoes start to pop, about 6 min. Stir tomato mixture into cooked pasta until well coated. Stir in arugula just before serving. Top each serving with a slice of goat cheese.