There’s something about this time of year that makes me want to take a long look at where I want to go, and how I might get there. It’s still my ‘resolution time’.
Here are my 5 picks for what I wish I had to get me ready for next Tuesday – the first day of my New Year.
1. Check out these Frecklebox Personalized lunch boxes. I’d love to write some little notes to remind myself to be awesome every day.
2. Who doesn’t need a new pencil case? As a writer, I tote a lot of pens around. I’d like to grab one of these from Etsy. Chevrons? Contrasting zippers? These just make me happy.
3. I’m a snacker. I believe these glasses would make me look like a smart snacker. Plus this reusable snack bag perfectly satisfies my appetite to make green choices for myself and my family. Colibri is a Canadian brand (A+). You can order different sizes and patterns from Well.ca.
4. Inside shoes. Outside shoes. These amazing Steve Madden boots strike me as a pair I wouldn’t want to take off. I have a pair of Madden boots already and I love them. These might be my fall go-to’s. Can’t wait to try them on.
5. Ok, most people would pick a new backpack for back-to-school, but this new Ali Edwards Bag from Epiphanie makes me want to go back to class. (I took a lot of photography electives). Big enough for a camera body, long and short lens, and some personal items, it has removable panels to easily convert to an everyday bag. Their whole new leather collection is definitely wishlist material.
What’s on your grownup “Back to School” wishlist?
1. The Oemi Baby Bag – Have been lusting after this for 2.5 years. Someday…
2. KitchenAid Artisan Series Countertop oven – Latest addition to our kitchen. Instant attachment.
3. Bumble and Bumble Prêt-à-powder – My new go-to dry hairfixeruppper. Love the look and smells so good.
4. Pumpkin Scones – Mmm, the best reason to say goodbye to summer.
5. Sorel Tovoli Boots – Found these on the Anthropologie site and had a little swoon. Added to wish list.
Waffles are a Sunday morning fav around here. The boy eats them and I don’t mind whipping up a batch in the early hours. They are dead simple, fairly low on the sweet factor…until the syrup anyway.
MOMMYDO WAFFLE TIP: Cool your waffles on a wire rack instead of in a stack to have a yummy crisp crust on both sides.
Yes, these are a little ‘homey’ looking, but they taste fab. Super easy too.
My favourite recipe is here, and takes about 5 min plus cooking time. I use a big whisk instead of the hand blender as I often make them with the boy while the husband is still sleeping. And, I usually add a whole teaspoon of vanilla rather than the 1/2 noted in the recipe.
In case you’re thinking “wow, I could really use a waffle maker” I have a Cuisinart like this one and it works great.
Waffles. Wire rack. You’re welcome.
This isn’t a sponsored post. Just a note about stuff I have that I like,