I was lucky enough to win a Rice Krispies prize pack in the #treatsfortoys twitter party in December. I’m a big fan of the program where Rice Krispies donates money for toys for every toy shaped Rice Krispie Treat posted with #treatsfortoys. This year, the campaign raised $40,000.
I thought I’d say Thank You for the amazing prize (which included a whole bunch of Rice Krispies AND a Visa gift card) by making a video of the first thing we made with the delivery. The whole family enjoyed these and I loved making my first food video.
Heart Shaped Valentine Rice Krispie Treats
We prepared the recipe from the box. You can find it here:
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 250 ml or 1 pkg (about 40) regular marshmallows or 5 cups miniature
- 1.5 L or 6 cups RICE KRISPIES* Vanilla cereal
1.Melt margarine in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. OR Microwave on high for 45 sec.
2.Stir in KELLOGG’S* RICE KRISPIES* Vanilla Flavour cereal until well coated. Using lightly buttered spatula, press into buttered 3.5 L (13×9″) pan.
3.Allow mixture to cool.
4. Use cookie cutter to cut Rice Krispie treats into heart shapes. You can squish leftover treats into the cookie cutter to shape.
5. Melt candy wafers in the microwave. Time will differ between microwaves. Use 30 sec intervals until soft. Stir to melt the rest of the way.
6. Dip the tops in melted candy coating.
7. Sprinkle with Valentines Day sprinkles before the candy sets.
8. Hide some before everyone eats them on you because you’re going to want to keep some for yourself.