What does your dream kitchen look like? I thought I was living with mine. But as time goes on, I’m finding the dark wood in the middle of our open concept house to be a bit of a black hole. More and more, I seem to be lusting over light grey and white kitchens – with just enough slate and black to add a heap of style without making the area feel too dark.
I threw together a quick mood board which included the new GE Slate gas stove. Not only do I love the colour, but the versatile grills on the top make it a serious cooking machine. I don’t have room for a real ‘6 burner chefs’ range but I’m pretty sure this would make all the imaginary cooking shows I imagine I’m starring in while I’m cooking, shoot to the top of the imaginary cooking show ratings in no time.
I’m also loving yellow these days. I think maybe a little extra sunshine is doing a world of good.
I’m fairly certain it’s going to be years until we can afford to do a full dream kitchen overhaul, but if I had money in the bank and time to contemplate a reno, it would certainly look very much like this.
This is definitely a high-low effort with a premium range, faucet, lighting and designer chairs. I also chose big box store cabinets, flooring and countertops, easy to order framed prints and even a DIY. But I think a dream kitchen should be at least within the realm of reality so it’s perfect for me.
Most can be ordered online too, to make project management a breeze. Enjoy!
- VITA Copenhagen Kitchen Island Pendant from Wayfair.co
- Delta TRINSIC®Single Handle Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet with Touch2O Technology
- Home Depot Arctic Fog Glass Backsplash
- Mineral Art Print from Minted.com
- Wheatland double bowl sink from Home Depot
- Odessa Kitchen Cabinet door in white from Home Depot
- Volt all weather stacking bar stools from O.co
- GE Slate gas convection range
- Benjamin Moore paint – Grey Owl
- Rosé s’il vous plait Art Print from Minted.com
- Quartz Countertop in Snowy Ibiza from Home Depot
- Urban Grey stained Natural Maple flooring from Home Depot
- Scandinavian Animal Mugs by Lia Griffith for Cricut