Today is the day! It’s Launch Day for the Nintendo Switch. My son and I had the chance to test out the Switch here in Toronto. And I have to say, we were both smitten. I am not a gamer by any stretch as was evident earlier today when I stood in line to nab a console for our family. It was def a case of one-of-these-things-is-not-like-the-other. But I’m quite certain this is the next great family console. And here’s why.
A day where we celebrate love? I do have a soft spot for Vanlentine’s Day. Growing up my dad ALWAYS bought my sister and I at least one red rose and a box of Turtles. It wasn’t big or fancy or anything, but that Valentine’s Day tradition still warms by heart around this time of year.
We don’t really give big gifts here for Valentine’s Day. We’re not anti-v-day or anything. But our anniversary is just around the corner, and my b-day just passed. But I still love to check out what I might like, you, know, if we WERE going to get gifts. This year I got my husband a coffee mug and a few other little sweeties. He’ll probably bring me some flowers. But if I was going to make a wish list, here are five things that caught my eye this year.
Ok, here’s the list.
So that’s my 5 Faves list for Valentine’s Day 2017. What’s on your list this year? Have you picked out a gift for yourself? I’d love to hear about it.
This post is solely my opinion and the topic, items and links have, in no way, been sponsored, endorsed or affiliated.
Winter has finally landed in Toronto so it’s time to grab your favourite winter garb and enjoy the season.
That’s it for another 5 Faves Friday. See you next week.
So I know Valentines Day is just a couple of days away, but I thought I’d list off a few things that have been making my heart beat a little faster.
I’ve been seeing a post that praises the customer service at US online retailer Zulily on my Facebook page. Their customer service sounds amazing. But I hate for people to think that it’s out of this world. I’ve encountered 5 brands with stand-out customer service over the past 6 months or so, and I’d love to spread some love to all of them.
We’re heading into holiday season! Which means a LOT of time in the kitchen. I truly love all the baking and cooking, but it’s so much more enjoyable with the right tools.
Four of five of these are my go-to fav’s at home – so much so that a few are starting to show some wear.
If you’re looking for the right gadgets to get set for the holidays, these might be just what the head chef ordered.
Fresh off the Blissdom craft beer tour bus, I give you 5 faves friday with the golden nectar of the gods. Three of these are local to Collingwood and delicious. The other two are close to home and are regulars both when we head out for a taste and in our fridge.
Fall is here! Finally. Fall is definitely my season. Sweaters. Boots. Comfort food. The best!
Here are a few of my favourite fall things – some I have, some I’m lusting over.
That’s it for my fav’s this week. Next week I’ll be posting from Blissdom! Eeek, I’m so excited.
When I started writing this it was a balmy 31˚C so I was ready to rock summer a little longer. Then it got stuck in draft mode. I’m still gonna throw it out there despite the fact that it is already down 15˚C, I am wearing a turtleneck and went to get a tea to help drive off the damp chill I can’t seem to shake.
There’s something about the sweet summer days after Labour Day that make you want to hold onto that summer feeling just a little bit longer. Here are some of my favourites to help make best use of the final fleeting summer sun.
There’s something about this time of year that makes me want to take a long look at where I want to go, and how I might get there. It’s still my ‘resolution time’.
Here are my 5 picks for what I wish I had to get me ready for next Tuesday – the first day of my New Year.
1. Check out these Frecklebox Personalized lunch boxes. I’d love to write some little notes to remind myself to be awesome every day.
2. Who doesn’t need a new pencil case? As a writer, I tote a lot of pens around. I’d like to grab one of these from Etsy. Chevrons? Contrasting zippers? These just make me happy.
3. I’m a snacker. I believe these glasses would make me look like a smart snacker. Plus this reusable snack bag perfectly satisfies my appetite to make green choices for myself and my family. Colibri is a Canadian brand (A+). You can order different sizes and patterns from Well.ca.
4. Inside shoes. Outside shoes. These amazing Steve Madden boots strike me as a pair I wouldn’t want to take off. I have a pair of Madden boots already and I love them. These might be my fall go-to’s. Can’t wait to try them on.
5. Ok, most people would pick a new backpack for back-to-school, but this new Ali Edwards Bag from Epiphanie makes me want to go back to class. (I took a lot of photography electives). Big enough for a camera body, long and short lens, and some personal items, it has removable panels to easily convert to an everyday bag. Their whole new leather collection is definitely wishlist material.
What’s on your grownup “Back to School” wishlist?