A day where we celebrate love? I do have a soft spot for Vanlentine’s Day. Growing up my dad ALWAYS bought my sister and I at least one red rose and a box of Turtles. It wasn’t big or fancy or anything, but that Valentine’s Day tradition still warms by heart around this time of year.
Do you exchange gifts?
We don’t really give big gifts here for Valentine’s Day. We’re not anti-v-day or anything. But our anniversary is just around the corner, and my b-day just passed. But I still love to check out what I might like, you, know, if we WERE going to get gifts. This year I got my husband a coffee mug and a few other little sweeties. He’ll probably bring me some flowers. But if I was going to make a wish list, here are five things that caught my eye this year.
Five Faves Friday Valentine’s Day Edition
Ok, here’s the list.
- The first one is the new drool-worthy Fuji X-A3 camera. For starters, it comes in PINK, so there’s that. I haven’t gotten to try one yet, but it lists and impressive number of features including the ability to change lenses – has wi-fi photo transfer and killer display. I can’t wait to get my hands on one to test it out. If you have one, do tell every juicy detail.
- Popcorn is one of my favourite foods. And now that Natrel makes Lactose-Free butter, I’ve renewed my popcorn passion in a big way. The girls at work have been talking up this Lekue popcorn popper. It folds flat and pops corn in the microwave without needing to add oil or anything. Yum.
- My friend Lindsay from the Penny Paper Co. makes these adorable enamel pins. She has a lovely Valentine’s Day collection (and they’re on sale right now). We bought pins for the kids’ teachers at Christmas and they were a big hit.
- Have you ever owned duck boots? These remind me of when I was a kid and my sister spent all her time at the barn. I never had a pair of my own but I saw these Sperry boots and realized how much I’ve always wanted a pair of my own. In fact, I may or may not have ordered a pair of these as a Valentine’s day gift for myself.
- Every year, Indigo makes reading socks around Christmas time. The ones I have already are so warm and fuzzy inside. This is the first time I’ve seen PINK ones for V-day and I have to say, I’m pretty smitten.
So that’s my 5 Faves list for Valentine’s Day 2017. What’s on your list this year? Have you picked out a gift for yourself? I’d love to hear about it.
This post is solely my opinion and the topic, items and links have, in no way, been sponsored, endorsed or affiliated.